spatial (territorial) and strategic planning, environmentally oriented (landscape) planning, balanced (sustainable) development of regions, environmental impact assessment, globalization and international integration processes, geopolitics, geographical bases of management, etc.
Author and co-author of more than 150 scientific works, including 2 single and 9 collective monographs, for the last 15 years the leader and performer of 16 topics of GDR.
Main scientific works:
- "Geospatial Research and Planning Practice: Ukraine Against Global Trends" (2018);
- Globalization and its Impact on the Development of Ukrainian Regions (2007);
- Spatial dilemmas of globalization and their conceptualization (2012);
- “Changes in Urban Space in Ukraine” (2013, co-author);
- “State of implementation of the provisions of the Agenda for the 21st Century in Ukraine (2014, co-author)” in Ukraine;
- Landscape Planning in Ukraine (2014, co-author);
- «The Landscape Plans System as a Tool for Sustainable Development in Ukraine» (2015, co-author);
- Challenges and Treats of Ukrainian Spatial Development on the Way to European Integration (2016, co-author).
Scientific interests: spatial (territorial) and strategic planning, ecologically oriented (landscape) planning, balanced (sustainable) development of regions, environmental impact assessment, processes of globalization and international integration, geopolitics, geographical bases of management, etc.
Participant in a number of international projects, in particular: Head of the Slovak-Ukrainian Research Project, “Spatial Differences in Rural and Urban Regions of Ukraine and Slovakia: Assessing the Balance of Development and Quality of Life” (2014-2016), Coordinator of Ukrainian-German Landscape Planning Projects in Ukraine , “Integration of Environmental Requirements into the Territorial Planning System of Ukraine”, performed jointly with the Berlin Technical University (2011-2016), “Integration of Environmental Requirements into the Territorial Planning System of Ukraine at the level of United Territorial Communities ”(2018-2020), expert on UNDP projects in Ukraine and FAO (2017-2018).
Member and Honorary Professor of the International Association for Sustainable Development, Scientific Secretary of the National Committee of Geographers of Ukraine, Member of the Specialized Scientific Council D 26.163.01 at the Institute of Geography of the NAS of Ukraine and the Specialized Scientific Council K 76.051.04 Chernivtsi National University. Yu. Fedkovych, a member of the editorial board of the Ukrainian Geographic Journal, the Ecological Bulletin, the International Journal of Sustainable Development, and a member of the Landscape planning network.